Monday, August 25, 2014

Green and Gold Eyes





So here's my first makeup pictorial for my slightly festive green and gold eye makeup.
~~~~~~~

- Before any look I always apply some Clean and Clear persa- gel 10 Maximum Strength.


- For this look I decided to use two primers. Since I plan on keeping this look all day I used Neutrogena Shine Control Primer to keep my T- zone matte. Then I applied the Sonia Kashuk Primer Base. So far I didn't use any brushes to apply these products. Clean fingertips gets the job done just fine.



- Once my primers were spread evenly and settled I filled in my eyebrows. Normally I never do this but it made the pictures look better. I apply the wax with the angled brush in the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in blonde (My eyebrows are already so dark and thick I prefer using lighter shades to fill them). With an old Elf angled eye brush I lightly brushed in some of the darker shade, then I used a spool brush to shape my eyebrows how I prefer them.


- After applying my base and brows I used the NYX Above & Beyond full coverage concealer. I used a small concealer brush to spot target some of my problem areas, then I used a slightly larger concealer brush to frame my eyebrows. To blend all of this out I use a dense foundation brush.





 - For my foundation I used a combination of Rimmel Match Perfection in 101 classic ivory and Sonia Kashuk Radiant+ tinted moisturizer in beige. For both of these products I applied them with a small stippling brush and buffed out any streaks with a larger stippling brush. 




- Using my new Sonia Kashuk powder brush, that I'm absolutely in love with, I generously swiped on my favorite loose powder, Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in 105 translucent fair. (My top cracked so excuse the duct tape holding it together.)




- After my face was basically half way done I started on my eyes using my NYX Eyeshadow Base covering my lid and up to my brow bone with another medium sized concealer brush.




- For my base color I used a Maybelline shadow in Forest Green 80S. I patted it onto my lid and then made some shape to use as an outline for later shadows.





- Then in the outer corners/ outer V I packed on the black shade in the Maybelline Eye Studio quad in Sapphire Siren 20 and I gently started blending that into my crease, while also following my 'guide line' I created with the previous green shadow.





- Next I used my Revlon single shadow in Oyster Metallic to get rid of any harsh lines while blending and highlighting my brow bone.




- With my Maybelline The Nudes palette I concentrated the light gold shadow into my inner corners and blended it halfway across my lid, overlapping the green. I also used some of the darker shades to build up more pigmentation in my outer corners.




- To add more definition to my brow arch I used Rimmel's Soft Kohl pencil in 071 pure white, and I simple used my finger tip to blend it along the entire length of my brows.




- Then to further intensify my highlighting I applied Maybelline Cover Stick in white to my inner corners, cupid's bow, and more on the ends of my brows. Once again I didn't use a brush I just used very light pressure to blend it with my fingertips.




- I wasn't satisfied with the light gold so I packed some L'Oreal HIP High Intensity Pigment Metallic Shadow Duo in 806 Gilded, then with the same motions as before I brought that shade half way onto my lid, and blended it into my green shadow.




- To really pack the pigment from my lash line to my water line I used a small fine tipped brush to sweep on some Maybelline Color Tattoo in 25 Bad to the Bronze.



- With the intensity of the gold my green felt washed out so I reached for my Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette. I used the matte deep emerald green with a flat brush to densely pack on the pigment from the middle of my lid to my already smoked out outer corner.






-  Using the Maybelline Fit Me Shine- Free Foundation in 120 classic ivory, I cleaned up around my eyes and concealed parts of my nose a bit more.




- Then I grabbed my Sonia Kashuk lashes in Full Drama, I thinly applied a layer of the glue that comes with the set. While I waited for those to get tacky I lined my tight line and water line with Maybelline Define- A- Line in ebony black.





- After defining and applying my lashes I used the Rimmel Gel- Eyeliner in 001 black with an angled liner brush to create my wingtip and a small pointed brush to create my inner cat eye points.



- Then it was time to finish my face. I used my Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder in 330 toffee caramel with a domed powder brush to contour my cheeks, chin, and temples. Then with a small fluffy blending brush I lightly contoured the sides of my nose. For blush I used the smallest amount possible of Elf HD Blush in 83232 superstar onto the apples of my cheeks. At this point I pulled out my loose powder and brush and swiped on another coat to lower the pigmentation from the blush and contouring.





- To finish off the look I used my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves in 001 black to lengthen and add volume to my lower lashes and to blend my top lashes with my falsies that I curled after the mascara had dried.






- Last but not least I sprayed on my NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray just to add a bit more durability for the day.



Thank you for taking the time to see my little pictorial of this look. I hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned for more future pictorials, vlogs, tips, tricks, tutorials, and reviews.
- Layne Helen



No comments:

Post a Comment