Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Second Dramatic Makeup Look of the Day



For this look I finally decided to use my Sonia Kashuk lashes that I got from Target a couple weeks ago that don't have a name, of course I paired them with another set that I've used previously, because one is never enough. All shadows used are from the Maybelline New York 'The Nudes' palette. I applied the light gold shadow to my lid and blended some of the darker gold into my crease, and just to make the look pop more I used the dark brown shimmer shade in my outer v and blended the rest into my crease. To finish off the shadows I used the lightest shade in the top left of the palette to highlight my brow bone and blend away the harsh lines from the darker shadows. I also used it on the bridge of my nose and around my tear duct. For eyeliner I used my holy grail gel liner from Maybelline Eye Studios and the Define A Line pencil liner for my tight line and water line. To finish off my lashes I curled them before and after applying a light coat of Maybelline Mega Plush Volum Express. 
Going backwards I used a generous amount of my moisturizer all over my face, after that dried I applied my Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting primer just using my fingers instead of a brush. I did use a small concealer brush with the Maybelline Fit Me foundation in shade 120. Once that was built up to my preferred coverage I used a stippling brush to evenly apply the Rimmel Match Perfection liquid foundation in 101 classic ivory. To set that I used my favorite loose powder, Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in 105 translucent fair, with a flat top powder brush. I contoured with the Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder in shade 360 mocha, now this powder is a bit too dark for my complexion so I tapped the majority of product off my angled brush and applied it on my temples, the hollows of my cheeks, under my jaw bone, and with a small fluffy blending brush I lightly contoured the sides of my nose up to my brows and around my nostrils to give an ultra defined look. When I realized the pigmentation was too dark I lightly blended in some of my loose powder with the same angled brush. Then I lightly dusted some Cover Girl Classic Color Blush in 590 soft mink on the sides of the apples of my cheeks, I'm really not a huge fan of over using blush. On the apples of my cheeks, cupid's bow, bridge of my nose, and center of my forehead I sparingly used the Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights in 100 bare light, with this product a little does go a very long way, once again I just used my finger tips to apply this product. 
To finish off the look I used my new favorite lip product, the Cover Girl Outlast All- Day Lip color. This product actually lasts through meals and cigarette breaks and at some point in the future I will do a full review of it. For this look I used 760 twilight coffee and let it dry for around 30 to 45 seconds, then I went back in with 577 spiced latte and let it dry before applying the hydrating topcoat. With my small concealer brush I used Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in 002 light pale and cleaned up around the edges of my lips to really make them sharper. 

All products I use are drugstore brands I used to be addicted to high end brands but sadly I simply can't afford them anymore. To remove all of these products I use the Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in cucumber and sage for a very refreshing clean feeling, I also wash my face with my St Ives Apricot Scrub just to make sure all bits of product are off my face so my oily break out prone skin doesn't have any clogged pores at the end of the day.


Thank you for reading my dramatic makeup of the day application and product list. Stay tuned for more drugstore makeup that appears to be high end tutorials, reviews, and monthly product favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment