Wednesday, September 24, 2014

More creations and a rant. Yippee.

So also while I was on my massive break from updating I created some new necklaces. A lot of these are revamped pieces where I just changed out the chain or resized them, some are chains I completely tore apart and put back in new ways, and a lot are old charms, earrings that lost their match, navel rings, and things of that nature. Enjoy the mass amount of pictures of the magic I can do with junk jewelry and my trusty pliers.
This was two different navel ring charms.

My 'lucky' earring that lost it's match, also elephant related things are very sentimental to me from my great aunt that passed away. These just caught my eye at Walmart over the summer.


This is another unmatched earring I originally got at Spencer's and this is the only piece I made as a gift for my best friend and cousin.

Couldn't get a clear picture but this is one of the first charms I remember my grandmother giving me, yes I'm a Scorpio and topaz is my birthstone.

I think this one was just an individual charm in the craft section of Walmart.

So old I honestly have no idea where it's from or how it got into my possession but I finally found a nice chain that matched it.

This is blue topaz with small diamonds around it from one of my grandmother's trips to Aruba. She got me another like this because I told her I didn't like the orange tone of normal topaz. This is my 'dainty' one.

If you couldn't already guess I found this at Claire's I have a weird obsession with mood jewelry.

This beauty is a gift from my best friend and cousin. She got it for me off Etsy and no it is not Harry Potter related. I'm an ultra Legend of Zelda fan girl so she got these as a set, they're from Majora's Mask she has Tatl and gave me Tael. I wasn't too much of a fan of the original chain it came with so I did a small revamping of that. I love it either way. 
Way back in the day this chain was originally a replica of Yuna's necklace in Final Fantasy X, which I'm also a huge fan girl of, and the sparrow I've had since my goth kid days. Eventually both were so worn and old that it's like they broke for each other.

This is a random medallion from Michael's (the craft store) from back when I first started doing hemp.

Before I show my 'trademark' and family necklaces I figured why not show the pendants I have that switch from chains to black ribbon chokers. I actually feel pretty naked without a choker on, and one of these I wore for the first time the night my current man and I told each other ''I love you", the rest I simply find pretty. 
I guess I get this habit from my mother, I always wear this chain, usually under my shirt, but it's a charm for my family. From left to right: I stole that classy looking pearl charm from my sister so clearly that resembles her, the apple I got with my mom one day when she took me to Goodwill for the first time, the heart has always been mine and yes I used to bite it when I would get nervous, and like I mentioned earlier that is the other blue topaz and diamond pendant my grandmother got me from Aruba. These four charms are always kept close to my heart so in a way they're always with me, and I went through a lot of self hate years so I always keep my heart charm in this so I never forget to equally care about myself.

If you've looked at any picture of me from a couple months ago back to I can't even remember I've had this pendant on either a chain, choker, or even hemp. Sadly not so much anymore because as you can see it's broken before and clearly glue isn't enough to fix it for good. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE HIPPIE PENDANTS AND IT'S NOT A HAMSA HAND! Once again this is a pendant I've stolen from my sister so much she eventually gave it to me. This is a piece of jewelry I can refer to as a personal 'trademark'.

Last but one of my top favorite pendants. Another random medallion I also found at Michael's when I first started doing hemp. Up until very recently this has been on a hemp necklace I made so very long ago and yes it is heavy so I had to repair that necklace way too often. This is another one of my personal 'trademark' pieces. No I'm clearly not a Pisces, I've been asked that far too much, I've always just been drawn to this for some reason. Could be that I have always been fascinated and in love with the ocean, or it could be from my family always calling me a 'water baby' from when I was born to even still today (I never drank anything but water growing up, I hated juice, milk, soda, all of it. And I can and have taken like a thousand baths in one day for hours and I've always been content and most calm in my baths.) 




Anyway there is all the necklaces, charms, and pendants that I've revamped or recreated in the past few weeks that I've been giving my skin a break and sadly neglecting this blog. After all it is called "Layne Helen Creations" so here's more of my creations. This post was mainly so when years go by and these pieces break more, fade, or get changed again I'll have something to look back on to remember my work and my signature pieces. Hope somebody out there enjoyed this, it should be nice for everyone out there to know that if they think their jewelry is weird there's always something weirder.


With love,
Layne Helen 



No comments:

Post a Comment