Sunday, September 21, 2014

What I did last night..

I intended for this to only be a 'beauty' blog but my skin needed a break and my quick and simple everyday makeup isn't anything special to post about. So I figure this is called Layne Helen Creations because makeup isn't my only hobby and passion. I'm mainly a broad spectrum body modification fanatic, I personally find it mesmerizing and fantastic that we, as a species, are the first on this planet to be able to physically alter our appearances and form however we feel whenever we feel. Also if you haven't noticed from my pictures I'm pretty addicted to piercings. I've been wanting to pierce up my ears a bit for a long time I just didn't have the time or energy, but last night I didn't feel like sleeping so it seemed like the perfect time to get the basics of the looks I want done. Kinda wanted to hit 30 piercings to.

Anyway, my lobes are stretched to a half inch and that's not going to change. In my opinion a half inch is enough for me to feel like a boss, in my own awkward way of thinking, but they're not massive where they dis-form my ear shape. I've kept my second hole 'normal' simply because I still like wearing the cute earrings I have. My 3rd, 4th, and 5th holes on both sides are a 14g.. I don't know maybe in time I'll size them up but I'm content with how they are right now. I had my 6th holes for awhile and I just keep them as normal sized silver studs just to keep the look standard. Years ago when I did my cartilage on both sides I really just didn't have the right jewelry for them at the time and over the years it's kinda become a type a trademark for me to have navel bars.. Honestly I have no idea why but it looks decent and it's comfortable so I change out the colors and designs occasionally but other than that those don't change either. Last pre- existing piercing is my left tragus, and for awhile I had a 16g eyebrow bar in there but I changed it to a 18g nostril hoop, I did use my handy pliers and cut off a bit of it and reshaped it so it wasn't awkwardly unnecessarily huge.

So last night I did the same thing to another nostril hoop I had and matched my right tragus to my left and it was pretty painless. I've always wanted that spiked ear mohawk look so I pierced the inside of my cartilage and that hurt more than I can put into words, sad part is it's pretty much invisible on both sides at the moment because I put in little acrylic spiked 16g eyebrow bars. I'll bring them up to a 14g once they heal a bit. Then I was thinking about adding another on the other sides of my two middle cartilage piercings but thankfully I realized that would make sleeping, wearing my glasses, touching my hair, anything and everything incredibly painful, so instead I did two more little side piercings on each side, 7th and 8th, that just follow up the rim of my ear. Nothing special but I like them and I'll love them once they heal enough to get my 14g labret studs in because my need to have all of them match and symmetrical is overwhelming.

So yeah that's a little update of my piercings, not really a big deal but I'm happy I got all of them done that night. I'm just such a piercing junkie and I'm so happy I finally hit 30 in total. Yay me.

With love,
Layne Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment